Welcome to the RegioJet Prague–Ostrava–Žilina–Košice and Prague–Bratislava–Ljubljana–Rijeka night trains
- Bed and Couchette Carriages are available on trains RJ 1021 Praha-Košice and RJ 1020 Košice-Praha
- Bed Carriages are available on trains Prague–Rijeka
- WIFI For FREE
- For purchase luggage security lock 1.2 €
- Services on board may differ on Prague–Bratislava–Ljubljana–Rijeka night train. You can find more details on Relaxing trip to Croatia by RegioJet train.
The night regime applies on the RJ 1021 train from Prague between midnight and 5:15 a.m. and on the RJ 1020 train from Košice between 0:40 and 5:00. During the night regime the crew does not provide services and the train is guarded by security personnel. Passengers are not allowed to disturb other passengers. For security reasons and for the sake of comfort, passengers may not consume their own alcoholic beverages on our trains.
RJ 1021 Prague–Olomouc
RJ 1021 Spišská Nová Ves – Košice
RJ 1020 Košice–Žilina
RJ 1020 Pardubice–Prague
RJ 1021 Olomouc – Spišská Nová Ves
RJ 1020 Žilina–Pardubice
- Max. 3 people: 3 seats and 3 beds
- Coupe choice: a bed for men or women (mixed coupe) / on selected trains: a bed for women (in the coupe only for women) / a bed – own coupe (reservation of the whole coupe)
- Berth compartments of Prague–Rijeka lines: 4 beds (max. 4 people)
- Up to 6 people – the type of sleeping car is chosen when booking: Sleeping car – Couchette
FREE FOR YOU
- Rajec bottled water
- daily newspapers and magazines (CZ, SK)
- entertainment portal (headphones for rent)
- wake-up service
- security service
- 100% apple juice*
- american coffee
- fresh mint tea*
- sweet gift**
Breakfast for Berths
- 100% orange juice Rio
- american coffee
- set breakfast
Breakfast for Couchettes
- american coffee
- fresh croissant
At the station
- Change or cancel a ticket 6 hours before leaving for free (does not apply to the Prague–Bratislava–Lublaň–Rijeka train line).
- Helping passengers board the train, helping them find a seat on request and helping store your luggage in the designated areas, providing information.
- Service in your seat – free daily newspapers, magazines (CZ, SK) and selected drinks. Refreshments from the on-board menu*** (except the Low cost tariff).
- Assistance for passengers with reduced mobility and orientation. Passengers with a ZTP (invalidity) ticket can use the mobile platform to make getting off and on easy.
- Public WiFi „Regiojet - zluty“ and an entertainment portal where you can watch movies and news, listen to music, read books, play games.
Passengers travelling in the sleeping cars can enjoy undisturbed rest on a bed or lounger. The couchette and berth compartments differ in the number of beds and bedding. The berth compartment provides more privacy (3 people), and each one has a bed and a separate sitting area. Prior to night mode, passengers in couchette coupes (6 people) convert their seats themselves. Our crew will be happy to assist them if necessary. The beds are made up by the passengers themselves from the prepared packages. There is no 230 V socket in the bed cars of the Prague–Rijeka line.
RegioJet trains only serve high-quality refreshments at reasonable prices. If you are feeling peckish or want to satisfy your sweet tooth choose from our dessert menu or snack bar (except the Low cost tariff).
Current antiCOVID precautions: Let’s protect our health together
It is mandatory to wear a protective mouth and nose cover on board of RegioJet trains and buses. We will try to make your travel as pleasant as possible despite the mandated hygiene measures. Don't worry, we still provide full service on board. Mouth and nose cover may be taken off when consumating beverages or food. Pursuant to the ordinance of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic, these precautions enter into force on September 1st 2020.
* After leaving Prague; after leaving Kysak (going to Prague)
** Applies only to Berth compartment
*** Refreshments can be paid in cash in Czech crowns or Euros (on international train lines). The passenger acknowledges that the possible provision of the advertised extra services is entirely at the discretion of the carrier, and the passenger is in no way entitled to the provision of these services by entering into the contract.