Don't be afraid of the D1 Highway roadworks – it's FUN&RELAX with us
The renovation of the D1 Highway started four years ago – on 9 May 2013. The STUDENT AGENCY company with buses bearing the brand name of RegioJet, with above-standard service in our Fun&Relax style, had prepared for the renovation with extreme care and is still keeping up the maximum effort. Extra time has been incorporated in the bus schedule and if the renovation is as well-organized as it has been so far, there is no reason for delays. With a travel time of 2 hours and 30 minutes (or of 2 hours 35 minutes), RegioJet buses remain the fastest carrier between Prague and Brno. To maintain the speed and the comfort of our passengers on our yellow lines, the following measures apply:
Measures to minimize delays on the D1 Highway
- Our traffic control centre in Brno has been enlarged as one more traffic controller has been hired – due to the fact that every minute several RegioJet buses are travelling on the D1 in both directions , out traffic control centre has the best information concerning the traffic on the D1 in the Czech Republic.
- Facilitating mutual information sharing among individual buses on the D1 and the traffic control centre so that information regarding possible emergencies would be immediately available to drivers, traffic controllers, and also board crew and sales staff, who deal directly with customers.
- We take advantage of our vast experience with the D1 traffic – RegioJet traffic controllers have extensive knowledge of parallel and detour routes in the surroundings of the D1.
- Extra time has been incorporated in the schedules covering common traffic problems – including roadworks, which seem to be a permanent feature of the highway.
- It also goes without saying that in the event of a delay, our board staff will provide the very best service to customers who continue their journey on connecting buses/trains. Our stewardesses, stewards, and drivers will do their best to help passengers arrive to their final destinations as soon as possible and with the shortest possible delay.
However, in the event of a delay, we provide a compensation of the fare, in part or in full according to our SPECIAL COMPENSATION SCHEME
|Fixed compensation on the route PRAGUE–BRNO or back|
||25 % of the price of the fare
|61 minutes or more
||100 % of the price of the fare
- The compensation applies to passengers on the whole Brno-Prague route, or back.
- It does not apply to passenger getting on or off in Jihlava.
- It does not apply to delays announced in advance.
The D1 renovation procedure
- The renovation is carried out in the 2+2 lanes system (thanks to the widening of the road by 0.75 m) – all traffic is steered into one direction of the highway which is divided into four lanes. All along the narrowed sections there are cameras which evaluate the situation continuously and broadcast information onto lighted highway information boards.
- The sections under renovation are up to 8 km long, which has a negative impact mainly on the travel time in cars, for which the maximum speed is lowered from 130km/h to 80km/h in these sections. The speed for buses decreases from the average of 95km/h to 80km/h, therefore the influence on the travel time is 5–8 minutes at the most. Such expected delays of yellow buses are provided for by the extra time incorporated in the timetables. Despite the D1 renovation, the journey from Brno to Prague by bus is faster than by train.
- Longer delays may occur in the morning rush hour from 5:30 to 7:30 a.m. in the direction from Brno to Prague, when there usually is heavier traffic on the roads leading to Prague.
- Tow trucks work 24/7 and are ready within a short driving distance to be able to unblock a lane very fast in the event of an accident in the narrowed sections.
- Search information about the current situation for all RegioJet buses on the road.