A new service Prague–Příbram–Strakonice–Vimperk–Strážný–Freyung–Passau/back is going to be launched on Monday 12th June, with the first bus departing at 8:00 from Prague.
What you can expect
- We will transport you to Passau and back every day. The buses go from Prague once a day, and back from Passau once a day – always one morning and one afternoon bus.
- The total duration of the journey Prague-Passau is slightly below 4 hours.
- We depart from Prague from Smíchov stop Na Knížecí, going on to Příbram, Strakonice, Vimperk, Strážné, and to Freyung and Passau in Germany.
- Domestic transport between Czech towns and cities is permitted on the route (with the exception of transport between Prague and Příbram).
More information and a few practical details
Travel to Passau and back for the lowest prices in the special offer SPECIAL ticket tariff
Take advantage of the super-low prices and buy tickets to Passau and Freyung in the special offer SPECIAL tariff. Just plan the trip a bit beforehand and buy the ticket well in advance. You will pay as much as €14 less – it is certainly worth it!
To Passau for only €14,9
Travel round Czechia for the lowest prices – get your Credit ticket
Would you like to travel at bargain prices between Prague, Příbram, Strakonice, Vimperk, and Strážný? Our Credit ticket is the cheapest option when travelling by RegioJet buses and trains. Don't hesitate and sign up today absolutely free of charge!
To Strakonice with the Credit ticket for only CZK 90
Enjoy our yellow service
Start your journey having fun already on our buses! You can expect above-standard service – touchscreens in every seat for individual entertainment (watching films or series, the possibility to play electronic games or to listen to music); hot drinks, newspapers and magazines waiting for you free of charge, other refreshments can be bought; electricity network 230 V outlet; modern air-conditioned environment and comfortable leather seats with a tray table; and, of course, a toilet. Pleasant and helpful staff will take care of your comfort throughout the journey.
What to see and do in Passau
- The 'three-colour' cruise – don't miss the unique experience of going on a cruise on the rivers which come together in Passau – the blue Danube, black Inn, and green Ilz.
- Passau fortress – a breathtaking view of the whole of Passau, museum, and galleries. That is what expects you if you visit this landmark of the city.
- Passau dolt – what is “der Passauer Tölpel”? Can you find it in the alleys near Domplatz Square?
What to see and do in Strakonice
- Strakonice Castle – be the lady or lord of the manor for a while and walk though the chambers of the medieval castle. Go up the Rumpál tower, or down to the 'black kitchen' to have a look at a little something to eat.
- Dudák Brewery – come and see us – we have prepared a guided tour with unfiltered beer tasting directly from lagering tanks for you.
- Muzeum historie ČZ a. s. ( ČZ a. s. History Museum) – both little and big boys will get a slice of the action in the exhibitions of motorcycles, bicycles, and weapons which were produced here.
Have a look at the complete route of the service on a map